It’s the most Wonderful Time of the Year!
Hello readers, it’s that time of the year again! I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, but ya know…life. For that, I am sorry BUT on the bright side, I hope this post makes up for it. In the craziness of preparing for Thanksgiving, shopping, decorating, and uuh… yea you know the whole story I’m sure; I was finally able to venture into something I found quite pleasing. I began building my own DIY Christmas village. This is a great hobby to do with the family to get you into the artistic, joyful, holiday spirit.
For my village, I used the materials below. I also included the places where I purchased/ brands of items used for my project:
- Cotton blanket cover (Kohls)
- Hot glue gun (Michaels, Amazon)
- Cotton Balls (Dollar Tree)
- Figurines (Kohls)
- Creatology brand Wooden Puzzles (The “Ranch House” One) -Michaels
- Artist Loft Acrylic or watercolor paint (Michaels)
- Xacto Knife (Michaels)
- Foam Board (Dollar Tree)
- Battery Operated Tea lights (Dollar Tree)
- Printed brick patterns or whatever you like on plain white printer paper
- Masking Tape
- Green paint (for painting paper for trees)
Here are some pics of my current progress on my village. I will purchasing more figurines and have to finish cutting and painting the cardboard toystore, bakery, and bar I am going to install as well.